Games Redesigned is a blog started in September 2018, that is focused around game design theory, development, and the professional development of game designers. This blog is a side passion project for me to share my knowledge and experience with others. Each week a blog post will cover a topic that I feel is important to game design, the industry, or personal development.
Now you may be wondering what makes me, William Lopez, qualified to write on such topics. This is a great question and allow me to share some of the things I’ve done:
- Worked with multiple indie studios as a Technical Game Designer.
- Released 8 titles in varying roles from Technical Game Designer to Lead Developer.
- Worked with a teacher to create a curriculum for a middle school based around game design and the industry.
- Researched and presented a poster on Building an Emotional Connection With Players Through Game Design.
- Earned a M.S. and B.S. Game Design Degree from Full Sail University.
- Valedictorian and Salutatorian respectively.
I don’t claim to be an expert in everything, however I do occasionally know what I’ll be talking about! So please join me in this journey as we look at what really makes game design tick.